You will contribute to a movement towards steering on the impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organization which continues to evolve quickly. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the frontrunners in this field. We have worked with diverse organizations such as ABN AMRO and Alliander .
As a Finance Manager, you are responsible for the financial health of Impact Institute and play an important role in the company’s next growing phase. Your responsibilities include overseeing financial strategy, financial planning and analysis to ensure value-driven decisions for our board and investors. In the role of Finance Manager, you will lead the finance team, oversee end-to-end finance operations, manage all finance projects, and make improvements to procedures and controls.
- Lead the financial strategy and reporting and work closely together with the leadership team.
- Lead the finance team and be responsible for accounting, control, and financial closings. Work closely with all directors in budget setting and operational performance.
- Contribute to our corporate finance strategy, including fundraising and M&A.
- Foster a productive tension between opportunity and financial health by providing a strongly opinionated and data-driven counter-voice to the commercial side of the business.
- Have a strong influence on Business Intelligence architecture
- Create structure within processes and teams while being a hands-on leader who is unafraid to dive in and do the work.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
The ideal candidate
- The ideal candidate for this role identifies as a person who is dedicated to driving change and will have:
- Completed Master degree in finance.
- 5-10 years working experience in finance, and 2 years plus working experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience as a financial manager in a startup/scale-up environment or in a dynamic mid- to large-sized company.
- Experience in corporate finance and fundraising is a plus.
- Experience in a project driven organization and/or software/data/tech environment is preferred.
- A proven track record in accounting and control, with close collaboration with business operations.
- You have a hands-on mentality
- Seasoned experience in digitalization processes and BI.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and the ability to translate financial objectives into practical action plans.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to collaborate effectively with a very diverse range of stakeholders.
What we offer
- Young, professional, dynamic, and fun colleagues with intrinsic motivation, who want to change the world with you.
- Open and flexible work atmosphere.
- 30 vacation days for a full-time contract to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Commute allowance for bike or NS-Business Card.
- Hybrid working policy.
- Opportunity to make a difference: You will contribute to a movement towards impact measurement and valuation that can change the world.
- Opportunity to work and live with a sense of purpose.
Are you ready?
If you recognise yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis. We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
Why Impact Institute?
Joining Impact Institute is not just about having a JOB, a CAREER, but also a MEANING and PURSPOSE. It’s about doing the work that matters to our world and that’s important!