Working at Secrid?
Working at Secrid means working at a company that wants to set an example for a better industry. An A-brand, with the best products of its kind, available in more than 8,500 selected shops in 90 countries. Increasingly, Secrid, as a young ideological brand, is positioned among large established fashion brands. Does this challenging environment excite you? Then this job opening might be of interest to you.
Where do we come from?
We, Secrid founders Marianne and René, come from a background of fashion and design. Between 1990 and 2009, we developed hundreds of products for a variety of markets in Europe and the US with our design agency SPIRID. From telecom to medical. From safety seats to toys. An inspiring experience.
With the invention of our first card holder, the Bodycard, we laid the foundation for Secrid in 1995. We still combine our decades of experience in fashion and design to develop high-quality, durable pocketwear. Products which we produce almost entirely in the Netherlands. Only for some special leathers and specialized parts our buyers travel to Belgium, Germany, or Italy.
In past centuries, the Industrial Revolution brought the world not only great progress, but also serious problems. Designers and producers have an important responsibility in this matter. As long as they put financial interests first, nature - and therefore humanity - will suffer. Fortunately, there is a growing awareness worldwide that this must change, and Secrid wants to show how this can also change in a commercial organisation.
Secrid believes in Industrial Evolution, inspired by nature, where abundance is based on a sustainable balance. When every innovation is an improvement, the world can eventually rediscover its balance. Secrid is our platform to present this way of working to the world. By working with us, you support our contributions to a better future. "Join the evolution!”.
How we work together
Since our start in 2009, we have experienced a turbulent growth. From start-up to scale-up. From three people to over a hundred. Enthusiastic go-getters. A dynamic team, in which young starters work closely with experienced specialists. All of whom give the best of themselves, based on their own expertise and our shared purpose.
We have made conscious choices in the way we are organised as well. We work in a self-organising way, with Holacracy supporting us with a clear corporate structure. We also pay considerable attention to the undercurrent in addition to the overcurrent, among other things through systemic work.
Corona has led to a new work balance, in which we work partially from home and partially in the office. Our cosy head office with perfect online facilities supports the human connection. We do our utmost to give you a good 'landing', by matching you with a colleague who will be your mentor during the onboarding. To get to know the rest of your new colleagues, you can join (digital) coffee dates and weekly (digital) yoga classes. If desired, you will be supported in setting up your home office.
About the job opening
Since the start in 2009, we have built up a beautiful and large customer base of 8,500 retailers spread throughout 90 countries. Many of these retailers are serviced from our headquarters in The Hague and via colleagues in other countries, others are serviced by agents or distributors we cooperate with. Because a lot of work arrives at our HQ via email and telephone, we have a dynamic and strong internal sales team.
We are looking for a Sales Support colleague, who will be responsible for supporting many of these retailers, agents, and distributors and in some cases their own colleagues. You will be working in a team of ten colleagues, most of whom have a focus area (channel/region) that they are dealing with, but a lot of the work that comes in is shared amongst everyone. You will mainly work from our shared mailbox where lots of different questions and requests come in. Besides these activities, there are always enough projects to pick up that are necessary for the development of the company, depending on how and whether this suits you, this can also become part of your ongoing work.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Answering and following up on mails in the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.
- Supporting and guiding our sales partners (retailers, agents, distributors, and international colleagues). This includes finding solutions to different kinds of questions and requests, for example about our collection, shipping, retail presentation and prices.
- Administrative tasks related to the sales activities of Secrid.
What we ask for
- You are highly customer-focused and service-oriented. Secrid wants to inspire every customer; every moment of contact is an opportunity to tell our story.
- You are proactive and comfortable in a casual environment, such as our family business.
- You are a team player and have excellent communication skills.
- You can cope with varied tasks and bear responsibility.
- You are stress resistant and good at setting priorities.
- You are available 32-40 hours per week; the hours can be spread over all working days if there is enough overlap with the hours of other colleagues and our partners.
- You are living in the Netherlands and are able to come to the office if required.
In addition, you possess:
- Previous work experience in customer contact, at a B2B brand or experience in retail is a bonus.
- Excellent written and spoken command of the Dutch and English language is a requirement, command of other languages is a bonus.
- Knowledge of NetSuite (ERP system) is an advantage.
What you can expect from us
We offer employment conditions in line with the market, an appropriate salary and an excellent pension plan. There is plenty of room for personal and professional development.
Are you excited by this job opening? We would like to hear from you and who knows, we may soon meet in person!