Innovation Consultant GSI
At Catalyze we strive to contribute to a healthier, sustainable world for generations to come.
The European aims to be climate-neutral by 2050. By then, the EU should be an economy with net zero greenhouse gas emissions. Reaching these objectives in the next 30 years requires breakthrough innovations and disruptive technologies.
Sustainable food production practices, circular approaches, climate change mitigation, restoring biodiversity, renewable energy, smart mobility, and a thriving bio economy will prove pivotal to realize the transformation into a sustainable Europe.
While many great relevant innovative ideas and technologies are emerging at an accelerating rate, it often proves difficult for academics and early-stage companies to make the translation from the lab to the market. “How to position the innovation in the market best?”, “How to obtain funding for the next development step?”, “With whom can I collaborate to lift my innovation to the next level?” are all essential questions on the road to success.
Catalyze is a boutique consultancy company specialized in raising (non-dilutive and dilutive) funds for the most ambitious R&D and scale-up projects and technologies in the field of sustainable development and life sciences and health. Furthermore, we help our clients grow with dedicated management consulting services, market research, project management, business intelligence, and corporate strategies. These services are provided to various types of innovative organizations such as start-ups, Small Medium Enterprises (SME), large companies (multinationals), universities, and research organizations. For the Green & Sustainable Innovations department we are looking for a:
INNOVATION CONSULTANT GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE INNOVATIONS
As an Innovation Consultant, you work with clients that operate in the field of green technology and sustainability. They include innovative start-ups, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), large corporations and multinationals, NGOs, associations, universities and research institutes. You will work close collaboration with our clients to transform their innovative ideas into projects and to set-up valuable partnerships. You take a leading role in conceptualizing and co-developing the project plan, development pathway and commercialization strategy. You act as the trusted guide and critical partner of our clients to lead them towards success. You will report to the Managing Consultant and have the opportunity to grow into a Managing Consultant or Senior Consultant position.
- Independently developing project proposals for our clients, including large consortia consisting of public and private organisations, in the field of green and sustainable innovations.
- Coordinate and manage the project application process with client and (large) stakeholder groups.
- Writing project proposals, business cases and business plans for clients.
- Providing strategic advice on the ambitioning and positioning of projects towards the (funding) program at hand.
- Actively thinking with clients about business, commercialization and/or development strategies and positioning of their innovations and technologies.
- Performing market research and desk research within the diverse fields of our clients.
- Bringing together companies, universities, and research institutes to establish long-term partnerships.
- Actively follow new developments and innovations in the industry and contribute to strengthen our expertise.
- Guiding and coaching of fellow team members.
- Establish and maintain long-term client relationships and identify and act on new funding opportunities for our established clients.
- You have a passion for Green and Sustainable innovations.
- You are looking for a position in which you are part of the solution of tomorrow’s challenges in the field of green technologies and sustainability.
- You thrive in a business environment.
- Expertise in / Affinity with one of our pillars is preferred: Protein transition, Circular economy, Energy transition, Sustainable agriculture, Biodiversity, Sustainable Fashion.
- A relevant Master’s degree; a PhD degree is highly valued.
- Substantial experience (3+ years) in writing large (collaborative) grants, strategic plans or business plans, science communication, or in managing and coordinating large (collaborative) projects.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a commercial environment, preferably in an advisory/consulting role.
- Demonstrable insights into the development of Green & Sustainable innovations, from ideation to commercialization.
- At least a general understanding of funding programs.
In short: this is a challenging job for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial type that wants to be active in a professional, commercial, knowledge-intensive organization that determines commitment, flexibility, quality and teamwork.
• Excellent analytical, conceptual, and critical thinking skills
• Highly organized, independent, and result-driven with a strong commercial awareness
• Personal and situational leadership qualities
• Excellent process, communication and people-management skills
• Pro-active and not afraid to take responsibility.
• Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
• Proficiency in Dutch is an advantage
- A competitive salary with excellent secondary conditions including an annual profit distribution.
- Permanent position after successful temporary (1-year) appointment.
- Pension plan (defined contribution scheme via Nationale Nederlanden).
- Commuting allowance.
- Working from home supplies and allowance.
- A clear career path and active support for professional development.
- Work anywhere you want for a maximum of two months per year.
- Benefits at work (discount on different products/service).
- Vitality & wellbeing program and healthy lunch in the office.
- Great colleagues and pleasant and fun work environment.
- A professional and dynamic working environment that values independence, entrepreneurship, and self-development.
- A young, ambitious, and diverse team.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
Are you interested in this position? Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV by submitting our Online Application Form.
For questions and more information about the Innovation Consultant GSI vacancy, please contact Beheer Catalyze (Beheer) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our organization focuses on enabling innovative medical technologies and is committed to improving overall health. For this reason, our organization is pro-vaccination regarding Covid-19.
At Catalyze, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic.