Triodos Investment Management
(Senior) Investment Manager Special Credits
Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a leading impact investor in the transition themes Energy & Climate, Sustainable Food & Agriculture and Inclusive Society. With a total portfolio of EUR 2 billion the Impact Private Debt and Equity (IPD&E) team invests in companies and projects that contribute positively to these themes. The investment teams manage investments in private debt, private equity and project finance in the developed and Emerging Markets.
Although we have a strong track record with limited credit loss, with over 300 investees in more than 60 countries around the world we are not immune to credit risk and we recognize the fact that increased risk investments require special treatment and dedication.
In order to bring our Special Credit management to a higher institutional level and to support our Investment teams we are looking for a
(Senior) Investment Manager Special Credits
(32-40 hours a week)
Your responsibilities in this position
- Take active ownership of special credits files that have been passed on to the responsibility of the Investment Manager Special Credits
- Be the Triodos representative in restructuring negotiations
- Protect the interests of Triodos and its fund investors in a responsible and transparent manner
- Process and present analysis and impairment proposals to the relevant Investment or Valuation committee
- Monitor investment portfolios in various funds under management within IPD&E, in line with our risk framework in view of timely identification and adequate management of increased credit risk
- Provide oversight and management information on credit risk trends in portfolios
- Support the investment teams in increased risk analysis on individual investees in line with internal policies and procedures
- Support the investment teams in impairment analysis in line with internal policies and procedures
- Actively support, guide and advice the investment teams in managing increased risk files that fall under the responsibility of the respective Investment Manager.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the Investment teams on credit risk related matters
- Be an advocate of the Triodos mission and vision in word and practice
The position requires
- Academic degree, preferably Business Economics or Legal
- Significant banking / Special credits experience (6-10 years) with a focus on (international) finance, preferably in emerging markets context
- Fluent in English (orally and in writing). Fluency in an additional language, such as French, Spanish or Russian will be an asset
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union and live in the Netherlands
This is you
- Affinity with the values and mission of Triodos Bank
- Affinity the transition themes Inclusive finance, Energy & climate and Sustainable Food & Agriculture.
- Team player with an open and entrepreneurial work attitude
- Hands on, result-oriented work approach
- Strong analytical, legal, financial modelling and presentational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross cultural sensitivity and sincere interest in working in an agile way
- Willingness to travel abroad if required
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 17+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.6 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitments of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days based on a 40-hour working week and the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
Want to join our team? Please send in your motivation/cover letter (in English) including CV before December 6, 2020 to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM.
Please note that first round of interviews will be scheduled via Skype of Microsoft Teams.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.