B Lab Europe
Business Development & Certification Intern Benelux
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
In this role, you will be at the forefront of creating a thriving community of business as a force for good in the Benelux.
This position is ideal for a driven individual with a commercial mindset, combined with a talent for nurturing positive relationships. The ideal candidate has a growth mindset, loves to learn, and takes ownership. B Lab Benelux is a pioneering team, where not all structures and operating systems are set in stone: while posing challenges, this context nurtures positive, constructive, and creative personalities.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
Part of the main workstreams for B Lab BNL is to attend to the large number of small and micro enterprises (0-49 employees) driven to obtain their B Corp Certification. Additionally, a key part of our work is to provide excellent customer support to the members of our community of certified B Corporations going through their Recertification cycle.
To make sure we cater to these accounts adequately, we seek further support on the Business Development process. This role will be a combination of business development, pipeline management, and business analytics activities.
- Manage, promote and follow up on our suite of business development activities such as online BIA bootcamp sessions, webinars, and alike.
- Drive and scout the pipeline for high-quality submissions, by assisting potential B Corps in preparing for the certification process, for them to achieve certification in a timely and efficient manner.
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of initiatives and systems of Quality Assurance of new BIA submissions and Recertification processes - e.g. hosting monthly info calls and setting up tools for continuous tracking and monitoring.
- Contribute to various working groups on pipeline management and cross- European collaboration.
- Support BD events / webinars and assist in the coordination, communication, and follow up. E.g. the Building Better Business program.
- Monitor, follow up on, and closely support certified accounts that are due or overdue for Recertification, with calls, emails, or tailored sessions.
The Netherlands - Flexible working arrangements: to be adapted as needed due to COVID 19
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Once you have submitted your application, our hiring team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview. Whether you are successful or not, we will store your application and data in our system for a maximum period of one year from the application date in case another role becomes available that you are suitable for. If you have any questions or concerns about us storing this data and/or the period of time, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to you within 30 days.
- Stipend: in line with Dutch internship stipend
- Start date: November 2021 (half-year minimum)
At B Lab, we always welcome new ideas and initiatives. If you have any new insights or projects in mind related to your day-to-day job that you feel could help strengthen our organisation or the community of Certified B Corps, we would love for you to take the initiative and tell us what your ideas would be. We keep a 80 to 20 rule, meaning that we always leave 20% of your work open for new, must-do projects and emerging topics.
Please apply for this role by Wednesday 20th of October (5pm CET) using this page, you will be asked to attach your resume and motivation (max. 250 words). Any questions regarding this internship please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dutch citizen and native Dutch speaker, excels in spoken and written English
- Passionate about making a positive social impact and using business as a force for good
- Strong organizational skills, well structured and with a problem solver mentality
- People Person: customer-oriented who can recognize and resolve issues as they arise
- Hands on team player who does not shy away for a highly dynamic and ever changing working environment, yet happy to work independently and a self starter
Learning objectives for the internship:
- Experience what it means to work in a scale-up environment
- Understand the ins and outs of the global B Corp movement and the role of B Corps in the wider movement for global systemic change for the way we conduct business
- Grow your network in the purpose-driven business ecosystem
- Obtain practical organizational skills by delivering day to day activities and projects
- Acquire a growth and experimentation mindset
- Develop your knowledge of the Benelux market of purpose-first companies
- Anything else you could be interested in learning and that we could potentially offer!
B Lab is transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. A leader in economic systems change, our global network creates standards, policies, and tools for business, and we certify companies—known as B Corps—who are leading the way. There are B Lab entities across the globe including in Australia, East , mainland Europe, UK, North and South America.
The B Corp Movement
The B Corp community is a global group of businesses who provide leadership through their commitments to people and planet and create examples of success for others to follow. Certified B Corps seek to redefine success in business by putting social and environmental impact on a par with profit. To certify, B Corps measure and manage the impact of their entire business and are assessed, using the B Impact Assessment, to have reached the highest standards of social and environmental performance. B Corps also amend their governing documents to lock in their commitment to consider the impact of their decisions on people and the planet. There are now over 4,000 B Corps in over 70 countries around the world.
B Lab Europe
B Lab Europe was established in 2014 under Dutch law as a “Stichting” (not for profit). The B Lab Europe team, based in Amsterdam, is growing fast! Since the B Corp movement was established in Europe, it has gained remarkable traction with over 600 certified European B Corps and nearly 20,000 European users of the B Impact Assessment. Certified B Corps in Europe include some of the region’s most recognisable and well-respected brands including Patagonia, Tony’s Chocolonely, Too Good to Go, Chiesi, Triodos, Innocent, Alpro, illycaffè, Ecosia and WeTransfer. There is a huge opportunity to drive awareness of the B Corp mission and brand.
The European movement is underpinned by a network of different entities – certified B Corps, Country partner representatives and the small team of B Lab Europe, which coordinates the strategy, processes and many of the activities of its European country partners.