Senior Landscape Developer
Commonland Foundation is an international system change developer of largescale landscape restoration projects, bringing solutions at a landscape scale on biodiversity, climate change, regenerative agriculture and revitalizing communities. Our mission is realizing large scale landscape restoration with others and creating a new norm for sustainable landscape. Our goal is to transform 100 million hectares of degraded landscapes before 2040 together with other landscape partners, farmers, policymakers, businesses, NGOs, and investors. To make this happen we have developed the ‘4 Returns Framework’. A practical and holistic approach to transform degraded ecosystems into vibrant landscapes and communities by focusing on 4 key Returns supported by landscape zones over the course of a single generation, or 20 years.
As a growing organization we strongly recognise ourselves in three core values: Empower each other, Honest & Compassionate and Put words into action. We empower and challenge ourselves and colleagues and provide them with the needed support to grow. We are interested in trying to understand the other and tease out misunderstandings if and when they occur. Last but not least, we say what we do: proactive information sharing and gathering as a lot of our work is relevant across teams and relies on cross-team collaboration. As an open, driven, and enthusiastic team of professionals, we are all working dedicated to our mission to restore landscapes. We want to be set up for our scaling plans and therefore, we are looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Landscape Developer.
Commonland is in the process of setting itself up for upscaling our impact on landscape restoration worldwide. As part of this process, we are currently looking for a Senior Landscape Developer to join our team of multi-disciplinary and entrepreneurial colleagues. The main priority for this full-time position will be to develop and coordinate holistic landscape restoration partnerships worldwide with as outcome multiple 4 Returns landscape restoration programs. The Sr. Landscape Developer will generate, coordinate and strengthen strategic opportunities for landscape restoration in line with the 4 Returns (social, financial, natural and inspiration), three zones (natural, mixed and economic) and 20+ year timeframe framework, using 5 process elements.
As Landscape Developer, you will:
- Develop, coordinate and implement program structure in a number of landscape partnerships worldwide using the 4 Returns Framework.
- Develop, establish and manage complex multi-stakeholder programs and partnerships in landscape restoration and/or rural development following the 5 process elements.
- Build, guide and support local teams with different nationalities and cultures.
- Accountable for financial budget and risks in complex projects.
- Support business development with a variety of stakeholders in the landscapes.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of expertise (e.g., ecology, forestry, agroforestry, rural economics, science & business or international development studies)
- Minimum of 8 years of proven on the ground experience in international landscape development preferably with overlap in areas of nature conservation, agriculture, finance, business development and ecosystem science
- An understanding and passion for solving the complexity of restoring landscapes worldwide with stakeholders on the ground, like farmers, indigenous people and conservationists • Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships across teams and stakeholders
- It is natural for you to mentor and coach colleagues
- Strong coordination and administrative skills, service-oriented and approachable
- Strong communication skills and excellent language proficiency in English, both spoken and written. A second language like Spanish or French is a plus.
- Must be self-starting to prioritize and meet critical project deadlines
- International work experience outside of Europe as well as experience in how to be successful in multicultural settings
- You are willing to travel and to relocate to The Netherlands
What can Commonland offer you besides a good salary?
- The opportunity to create long-term sustainable and social impact across continents
- A dynamic and international scale-up environment with passionate, enthusiastic team members
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas in line with our strategy
- You will join a collective pension scheme
- A yearly training budget
- Fun activities to get to know your colleagues even better
- We will make your home office almost as pleasant as our brand-new office location in Amsterdam (including a working from home allowance)
- Weekly healthy lunch, good coffee, Dutch tea, monthly drinks, and a great office view
We’re looking forward to hearing from you why you believe you have what it takes to fill this position! If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Laurens Gomes, Director LDS team, email@example.com. Please send your information (up to you how you would like to apply) to Anouk Breukers, Manager HR at Commonland, via the Apply Now button below, before July 26th, 2021.