Industries Consulting Division Director
At Metabolic, we recognise the need for a new economic model: one that ensures the wellbeing of all people and allows organizations to thrive without transgressing the safe boundaries of the Earth’s natural systems.
Our mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state.
We are seeking a passionate individual to lead our Industries Consulting Division to become a leading force in sustainable consulting.
As the Industries Division Director, you will work closely with the Consulting Director and the two other division directors (Cities and Agrifood and Biodiversity) in the management of yearly planning, execution of entity strategy, evaluation, and other administrative responsibilities. You’ll oversee three teams (Organizations, Products & Materials, and Finance) and will work together closely with the team leads on development and execution of divisional strategy, strategic project selection and execution, and team mentorship and wellbeing.
We are looking for someone who stays on top of new knowledge, is curious and driven by an internal desire to create an economic system that works for everyone and the planet. A creative and empathic leader with the ability to translate complex problems to concrete pathways forward. The role requires an individual adept at working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external and to be able to manage immediate, short term tasks while remaining focused on long-term strategic goals.
Organizations | Products | Materials | Finance
In our Sustainable Industries division we work with ambitious, motivated clients and position them to thrive in the regenerative economy. We work at the level of economic organization including influencing financial investment towards positive impact. We also advise clients on a very practical level, for example by designing new product systems, and we advise organizations about their organizational impact, CSRD needs and developing sustainable business strategies.
- Develop the yearly Industries division annual plan in line with Metabolic consulting overall strategy
- Develop yearly OKRs for the division and evaluate team progress throughout the year
- Propose and manage division level investments
Support the delivery of the Division Strategy:
- You will support the team as it expands its services and secures new consultancy assignments, ensuring high-quality delivery of projects
- Commercial & Partnerships
- Identify strategic commercial opportunities and establish new partnerships
- Support the team leads in setting sales priorities
- Manage key client and prospect client accounts:
- Engage with key existing and potential clients to understand their key priorities and needs
- Support the team in developing a compelling value proposition aligned with the client’s needs
Mentoring & Supporting the team
- Ensure that all roles within the division are filled by appropriate and competent individuals, and that these individuals have appropriate mentorship, guidance and personal development opportunities.
- Mentor team leads and ensure they have the skills and resources necessary to mentor their teams.
- Represent the division in the Consulting Management Team
- Represent the division at external events
- Significant experience working in (sustainability) consulting (at least 5 years), working with industry clients
- A strong foundation and knowledge base in the following sustainability topics and technical methodologies: carbon footprinting, circular economy, and systems thinking
- Proven leadership experience, with proven experience in managing and leading advisory work for diverse clients and partners. (Previous experience in dynamic, scale-up organizations is an advantage).
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate problems with good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to deploy business expertise and knowledge to deliver key insights and strategic leadership to a broad, multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to present and communicate information in a clear manner and to use this to enable others and influence decision-making.
- Excellent (internal and external) communication skills, written and oral.
- Fluency in English is essential. Speaking Dutch is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- High level of professionalism in developing constructive internal and external working relationships
This opportunity will place you in an environment that values people with their own ideas and initiatives. We believe in shared decision-making and impact over profit. You will be able to participate in an evolving decentralized governance system and be part of a close-knit community of people with shared interests and a strong company culture. We promise:
- A social, supportive and vibrant work environment and location with connection and purpose
- Autonomy & freedom for decision-making within your role, ensuring your voice within Metabolic
- Flexible and balanced approach to our working environment.
- Room for career development and personal growth.
Please find more details available on our website below: