Associate - Product Carbon Footprinting
Associate – Product Carbon Footprinting
Contract Term: Fixed term
Closing date: 10th August 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the role:
The Business Services team provides consultancy advice to corporates worldwide, helping them grow and profit from the low-carbon economy while responsibly managing their impact on climate change. We help clients address climate change and resource efficiency as strategic business issues, enabling them to understand and realise opportunities and mitigate risks.
As an Associate you will be responsible for delivering discrete client assignments, whether as part of a larger client engagement or a stand-alone project. He/she will typically work on up to 10 projects simultaneously, co-ordinating day to day client delivery with teams ranging from 1 to 5 colleagues on client work. In this role, the Associate will provide analytical rigour as well as applying project and client management skills to ensure delivery of product footprinting projects work on time and to a high degree of accuracy. In addition to delivering the analytical process, the Associate will frame and communicate findings and recommendations to clients, ensuring that deliverables meet their needs and expectations. Capturing and sharing knowledge, capability and skills alongside supporting Business Development leads in selling work to existing and new clients will be an important part of the role.
The Carbon Trust's mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- Calculating Product Footprints in line with International Product Carbon Footprinting Standards, managing Analysts on their day-to-day analysis and reporting into those with responsibility for ensuring deliverables are completed on time and to budget
- Managing the relationship with client counterparts, ensuring that expectations are appropriately set and met, and dealing with issues and difficulties as they arise
- Delivering the analytical process and developing deliverables that address the client’s issues and achieve the objectives of an engagement. This involves framing the problem, defining hypotheses and data requirements, and developing the analytical approach to derive business insights and recommendations. Within the context of a client engagement, Consultants will typically lead on several types of analyses and sometimes on independent assurance projects. These may include (but not be limited to): footprint-based impact analysis and separate independent verification and certification projects
- Day to day managing and quality assuring the work and outputs of Analysts (which may include extensive data modelling on Excel, e.g. product footprinting or parametric models)
- Coaching and mentoring Analysts, transferring knowledge and skills, and contributing to their professional development
- In addition, the Associate will also contribute to practice development and institution-building efforts (e.g. knowledge development, proposition development and supporting sales)
Key skills we are looking for:
Interviewed candidates are expected to demonstrate evidence of the following skills and abilities:
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience of delivering product carbon footprint projects in line with global footprinting guidance and standards
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills (in particular where applied within a business or financial context)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive relationships and influence decision-making
- Ability to think and work independently, taking the initiative and ‘ownership’ of assignments, and having excellent organisational and time management skills
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree educated (or equivalent)
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Considerable track record of achievement in areas relevant to the role’s scope of responsibilities
- Direct experience of working with corporate clients in a professional services setting is strongly preferred
- International languages are an advantage but not essential
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
At the Carbon Trust we offer flexibility around working from home and our employees are able to work from home for half of their weekly working hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK or Europe. No agencies or publications.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes will take place via video conferencing.