Terms & Conditions Greenjobs
and thank you for taking the time to read our general terms and conditions. Greenjobs is a vacancy platform where candidates and employers with a heart for sustainability find each other. Together we join forces to make the public and private sector future proof and to help more people find a sustainable job.
These terms and conditions are our ground rules. No hidden ‘small print’, but clear and honest agreements. Please read them carefully. You should be able to read these terms and conditions without having to hire a lawyer in order to understand them. If you still have questions, feel free to contact us.
1 - Who we are
We are Greenjobs. A sole proprietorship located in Amsterdam, a trade name of The Sustainable Recruiter and founded in 2017. If you have any questions, remarks or just want to share something, you can contact us in the following ways:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 020-7651323
The old fashioned way (in writing): Van Bossestraat 5H, 1051JR Amsterdam (the Netherlands)
Some important numbers:
Chamber of Commerce: 70646473
Dutch VAT-number: NL001906715B05
2 - Reading guide
In order to keep these terms and conditions clear and organized, Greenjobs uses a number of terms:
- You, Your: the user of the website, which in any case includes the employer and the candidate;
- In writing: communication via (registered) post or email;
- Website: www.greenjobs.nl;
- Employer: any company that uses the services of Greenjobs to connect with candidates;
- Candidate: the person who uses the website to respond to vacancies.
3 - Applicability, what we offer
1. These terms and conditions govern your use of the website and are applicable to every offer made by Greenjobs and every contract between you and Greenjobs.
2. Deviating and / or supplementary agreements must be made in writing and only apply to (that part) of the agreement for which the deviating agreement has been made.
3. Your general terms and conditions are hereby expressly rejected by Greenjobs and do not apply to the agreement.
4. Greenjobs cannot be held to its offer if you should have understood that the offer, or any part thereof, contained an obvious mistake or error.
5. If you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of a business, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that business to these terms and conditions.
4 - Account
1. Would you like to post a vacancy via Greenjobs? Then you will first need to create an account. Candidates can also create an account, but this is not a requirement (they can also respond to a vacancy without an account). Greenjobs has the right (at its own discretion) to refuse accounts without reason.
2. You are responsible for (the accuracy of) your account information.
3. In order to create an account, you must meet at least the following requirements:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You can be reached by email;
- You have provided Greenjobs with accurate and complete information;
- You agree to comply at all times with these terms and conditions and all relevant applicable laws and
4. Greenjobs does its best to keep the website as safe as possible. Nevertheless, you are solely responsible for all activity on your account. Greenjobs assumes that everything that happens on your account is done by you. Make sure that you maintain the confidentiality of your login details, keep your password safe and secure your connection. Is someone using your account or do you suspect this? Please contact Greenjobs immediately.
5. A candidate may only create an account using its own name. Employers may only create an account using their own company name or the name of the company that the employer is representing. It is explicitly not allowed to create an account under someone’s else’s name or to pretend to be someone else (‘fake profile’).
6. As a candidate, you’re not allowed to let someone else use your account. Transfer of the account is prohibited.
7. It can be useful as an employer to add multiple users to the same account. The employer is fully responsible for everything that happens under its account, and therefore also for the actions of other users of its account. The employer represents and warrants that it will only invite users, if the employer is authorized to do so and if it is allowed to share the data contained in its account with this other user. Unauthorized users (or users that are no longer authorized) should be removed immediately by the employer.
8. You’re not allowed to use your account for any purpose other than its intended purpose.
10. If there is a problem with your account, please let Greenjobs know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Greenjobs reserves the right to close accounts without reason and without prior notice. In any case, your account will be closed if:
- you do not abide by these terms and conditions or the Dutch laws and regulations;
- you are not (or no longer) authorized to use an account.
12. Greenjobs may, but is not obligated to, provide support in using the account.
13. Please be aware that you are solely responsible for the accuracy of the (contact) information in your account.
5 - Posting a vacancy
1. Please note that an employer must post the vacancy through its own account.
2. The employer is fully responsible for delivering the relevant content (such as the vacancy text, contact details, etc.). The employer should be aware of the fact that Greenjobs may, at its own (creative and technical) discretion, determine or change the content and / or the design of the (posted) vacancies.
3. You understand that Greenjobs does not review the delivered content. As such, the employer is solely responsible for (the content) of the vacancy. In any case, the employer guarantees that:
- the vacancy is not misleading and refers to a real job opportunity;
- the vacancy only promotes one single position or project;
- the vacancy does not contain any (hyper)links to the websites of third parties, unless Greenjobs has given its approval;
- the vacancy does not contain logos, trademarks or names other than those of the employer’s organization (unless the employer has obtained the permission to do so);
- the vacancy meets the objectives of Greenjobs with regard to sustainability;
- the content of the vacancy is accurate and up to date;
- the content of the vacancy is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations;
- the vacancy does not contain an email address, unless the employer opted for a paid package;
- it will immediately remove the vacancy when the position is filled or withdrawn. If the employer fails to do so, Greenjobs may remove the vacancy itself.
4. Please note that Greenjobs may reject or remove any vacancy, for any or no reason. Greenjobs is not liable for any damages in this regard.
5. Please note that the package you choose influences the ranking / positioning of your vacancy(s) on the website.
6. If the employer purchases a package that includes a social media campaign, employer should be aware of the following:
- Greenjobs determines the design and style of the social media post. Employer has no say in this;
- The social media post will be shared once on the LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts of Greenjobs;
- The post will only be shared in the feed of the social media accounts of Greenjobs. Greenjobs does not guarantee that the post will also appear in stories and so on;
- The social media post will be shared within 7 working days after the vacancy has been posted;
- After the social media post has been shared on the social media accounts of Greenjobs, employer can no longer adjust the post free of charge;
- Greenjobs does not guarantee that the social media post will (for a certain period of time) remain ‘at the top’ of the feed of Greenjobs’ social media accounts.
6 - Code of conduct
1. It’s important for Greenjobs to keep its website a safe place. Greenjobs expects you to treat the website and other users of the website with respect.
2. In any case, you’re not allowed to:
- upload or transmit spam or unsolicited messages to other users;
- post content that infringes any intellectual property rights (such as copyrights, trademarks, patents, etc.) of third parties, including rights on a person’s own image (portrait) and personality rights;
- post content that is unlawful, violent, discriminatory, pornographic, harassing or threatening;
- give unauthorized access to your account;
- post content that violates applicable laws and regulations;
- provide information that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- engage in 'hacking' the website, with or without automated means (scrape, crawler, spider, etc.);
- (de)compile, copy, edit or disassemble the website, software, data or other materials of which the intellectual property rests with Greenjobs, nor are you allowed to (attempt to) retrieve the source code of the website / software;
- use the website in a way that causes a malfunction or delay (for example by uploading large amounts of data);
- advertise or place (hyper)links for the promotion of your (own) products or services.
3. If you do not comply with the above, Greenjobs may immediately suspend or delete your account without prior notice. You will be liable for any damages resulting from any violation.
7 - Privacy
8 - Prices
1. For the time being, candidates can register for free on the website and can also respond to vacancies free of charge. Employers can use the Freemium package (free of charge): all other packages are subject to a fee. The most recent prices and packages will always be available at www.greenjobs.nl.
2. All prices mentioned are in euro and exclusive of VAT.
3. Please note that Greenjobs reserves the right to change its prices at any time and may decide to delete or change some of its services provided for free. Changes in taxes, excise duties and government levies will always be passed on to the employer.
9 - Payment
1. After the employer has purchased a paid package, employer will receive an invoice which must be paid within 14 calendar days after the invoice date.
2. The invoice must be paid without suspension, discount or setoff.
3. Greenjobs will invoice the amount due in full, unless agreed otherwise. The employer agrees to electronic invoicing by Greenjobs.
4. If the employer fails to pay within the payment term of 14 days, the employer is automatically in default (no further notice of default shall be required). Greenjobs will then be entitled to charge the statutory commercial interest as from the first day after the expiration of the payment period. In addition, all costs incurred by Greenjobs in obtaining payment in and out of court (all extrajudicial and judicial costs), such as costs for bailiffs, debt collection agencies, and so on, will be borne by the employer, with a minimum of EUR 150,. Please note that Greenjobs is under no obligation to prove that these costs have actually been incurred.
5. If the employer fails to pay on time or if the employer fails to provide Greenjobs with the requested content for a vacancy, Greenjobs is entitled to suspend or to halt the performance of its services, but shall nevertheless have the right to charge the employer with the fee payable under the agreement.
10 - No guarantees, “as is”
1. Greenjobs cannot guarantee that the website will operate error-free or that it will meet all your expectations. Greenjobs will, of course, make every reasonable effort to resolve any errors or interruptions of the website in a timely manner.
2. Unfortunately, Greenjobs cannot guarantee that the website is free of malware and cannot prevent unauthorized persons from accessing or attempting to access your data. Using the website is therefore always at your own risk.
3. Greenjobs cannot give any guarantee regarding the (quality of the) content or the availability of the website. For example, the website may contain spelling or typing errors. Greenjobs does not accept any liability in this regard.
4. Greenjobs is not a (employment-)mediator, agent, intermediary or secondment agency. Greenjobs makes it possible to post and respond to vacancies, but does not fulfil an active (recruitment and selection) role. Greenjobs cannot guarantee that a vacancy will attract any suitable candidates. Greenjobs can also not guarantee that an employer will contact you (i.e. a candidate).
5. Greenjobs does not guarantee that the content on the website, such as vacancies, contact details, resumes, cover letters, etc., is correct and up to date. Greenjobs does not verify the identity of candidates / employers and can in no way guarantee that the information sent by the candidate / employer is correct. 6. Greenjobs will not be liable for any loss of data.
11 - Your licence to Greenjobs
1. Please note that some of the content (such as texts, logos or pictures) that you share or upload on the website, can be protected by intellectual property rights (copyright, trademark, etc.). Make sure that you only post content that is yours (‘you own the intellectual property’) or for which you have obtained the necessary (usage) rights.
2. What’s yours is yours. You own the intellectual property rights in the content that you share on the website. Although Greenjobs does not own your content, Greenjobs does need your permission to use your content. This means that when you share something on the website (so, for example, by submitting a vacancy or uploading a resume) you grant Greenjobs a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, distribute and publish your content through any media or distribution methods now known or later developed. The permission you give Greenjobs will only be used for the purpose of Greenjobs’ website and social media channels.
3. You understand that Greenjobs is under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of such content.
4. You indemnify Greenjobs against all claims of third parties connected to intellectual property rights on the materials and data provided by you to Greenjobs.
5. Greenjobs may use your (company) name and logo for promotional purposes.
12 - The license you get from Greenjobs
1. All (intellectual-)property rights in the website and in all other material and information made available by Greenjobs, are vested in Greenjobs or its licensors.
2. Greenjobs grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable right to use the website for the purpose and duration of your agreement with Greenjobs.
13 - Termination of our agreement
1. If the employer purchases one of our paid packages, the employer cannot terminate the contract prematurely. Restitution is not possible.
2. If you violate these terms and conditions, Greenjobs may immediately terminate its agreement with you, delete your account or deny you access to the website. Greenjobs is not responsible for any damages resulting from this. Restitution is not possible.
3. Greenjobs reserves the right to terminate the agreement in whole or in part with immediate effect and without judicial intervention if the employer is granted a suspension of payments, whether or not provisional, if the bankruptcy of the employer is applied for or pronounced, or if the employer's company is wound up or terminated other than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation of companies. Greenjobs will never be obliged to pay any compensation in the event of such termination. Any claim of Greenjobs against the employer will be due immediately upon termination. Restitution is not possible.
14 - Force Majeure
1. Greenjobs cannot be held to fulfill its obligations, if it is hindered in doing so as a result of force majeure. In these terms and conditions, the meaning of the term ‘force majeure’ - in addition to what is meant by it in statutory law and case law - includes: illness, strikes, (internet-)failures, network failures, quarantine measures, epidemics, government measures and all other external causes - foreseen or unforeseen - that are beyond Greenjobs control and that prevent Greenjobs from meeting its obligations.
2. If a period of force majeure lasts longer than 2 months, the employer has the right to cancel the agreement. Subsequently, Greenjobs shall be entitled - insofar as relevant - to refund any compensation already paid, or to pay back the compensation in the form of a voucher.
15 - Questions or complaints
1. Do you have a question or a complaint about - the use of - the website? Then you can send an email to email@example.com.
2. Are you an employer and do you have a complaint about Greenjobs’ services? Then you must submit the complaint within 30 days following the end of the agreement. Please note that submitting a complaint (such as a complaint about the invoice) does not suspend your payment obligations.
3. Greenjobs will respond to a question or complaint within 14 calendar days.
16 - Limitation of liability
1. Did Greenjobs not comply with the agreements it made with you? Then you should be aware of the fact that the liability of Greenjobs is limited in the way it is stated in this article.
2. To the extent permitted by law and in so far as this article does not provide otherwise, Greenjobs’ liability as a result of an attributable shortcoming or unlawful act is excluded at all times.
3. In any case, Greenjobs will never be liable for indirect damages, including but not limited to: reputational damage, loss of profit, damage due to business stagnation and missed savings.
4. The liability of Greenjobs is at all times limited to the amount paid out by the insurer in the specific case, including its deductible under that insurance. If no payout takes place, Greenjobs’ liability shall be limited to the invoice value of the part that Greenjobs is liable for, with a maximum of EUR 500,-.
5. Was the damage caused because Greenjobs intentionally caused it or because Greenjobs was grossly negligent? Then Greenjobs is liable for the damage.
6. Any claim against Greenjobs expires within 12 months after the agreement has come to an end.
17: Applicable law, jurisdiction
1. These terms and conditions and all agreements between you and Greenjobs are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
2. Disputes will be settled by the court of Amsterdam.
18 - General provisions
1. Greenjobs reserves the right to amend and / or supplement these terms and conditions, at any time. The amended version of the terms and conditions will be posted on www.greenjobs.nl and Greenjobs will notify you accordingly. If you do not wish to accept a change or addition, you should notify Greenjobs within 14 days after Greenjobs has informed you about the updated terms and conditions. If you fail to do so, or if you continue to access or use the website, you agree to be bound by the updated terms and conditions.
2. Greenjobs reserves the right to transfer its rights and duties to a third party. If you want to transfer any of your rights and duties, you need Greenjobs’ written permission to do so (this provision also applies in the event of a takeover of the employer’s business activities).
3. If a provision of these terms and conditions is unlawful, invalid, or unenforceable for any other reason, this provision will be separated from the terms and conditions. The other provisions will remain in full force.
4. Greenjobs is entitled to engage third parties to perform (part of) the agreement and is explicitly not responsible for the acts or omissions of these third parties. Sections 7:404, 7:407 paragraph 2 and 6:76 of the Dutch Civil Code are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
5. Although Greenjobs may connect a candidate with an external career coach (via its website), it is important to note that Greenjobs is not a party to this agreement.
6. These terms and conditions have been drawn up in Dutch and English. In the event of a difference or discrepancy between the Dutch text and the English text of these terms and conditions or in case of a difference in the interpretation thereof, the terms and conditions drawn up in the Dutch language shall prevail.
Greenjobs respects your privacy and will do its best to ensure that your personal data is processed in a lawful and transparent manner. We act in conformity with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which means that we:
- Clearly explain to you what personal data we process.
- Only collect personal data that is needed for our legitimate purposes.
- Limit our collection of personal data.
- Take reasonable measures to ensure that your data is correct.
- Observe (statutory) storage and deletion periods.
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Respect your rights.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide your personal data to us. We limit the processing of personal data to an absolute minimum. However, we may not be able to process your order or deliver our services when you won’t provide us with your personal data.
Greenjobs is the main responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Greenjobs is a trade name of The Sustainable Recruiter. We are located at the Van Bossestraat 5H, 1051JR in Amsterdam. We are registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 70646473.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 020-7651323
The old fashioned way (in writing): Van Bossestraat 5H, 1051JR Amsterdam (the Netherlands)
What personal data do we collect and why?
- Candidates who create an account or apply to a vacancy
We may collect the following information from candidates who create an account or apply to a vacancy:
- Name and address
- Date and place of birth
- Gender and age
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Job title and position
- Current job
- A short description about yourself
- Cover letter
- Whether you want to move for your ideal job
- Desired salary
- Resume and any information included herein
- Profile picture
Did you find an amazing vacancy on Greenjobs and you want to apply? We will probably ask you to upload or fill in your name, email address, telephone number, gender, cover letter and resume. We store this information. In some cases you will be redirected to the employer's website in order to apply to the vacancy. If this is the case, we will not store any additional data that you supply.
We process your data so that you can create an account (and we can verify it), respond to vacancies, to help you with any questions or requests you may have and in general to be able to contact you if this would be relevant for the performance of our services. As a registered user you may opt to receive job alerts by email. We will process your data in order to send job alerts by email.
Please note that we will forward your details to the relevant employer when you apply to a vacancy. If you want to request the employer to delete or modify your application, you must make such a request directly to the employer.
We sometimes receive messages on our social media channels. We will process your data in order to respond to your message. We will of course remove this information once your question or request has been dealt with.
- Employers who create an account
We may collect the following information from Employers who create an account:
- Name and address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Profile picture
- Job position
- Details of the company you work for / represent
- Billing information
- Our correspondence
To create an account as an employer you will need to fill in your name, company name, email address and telephone number. It is then entirely up to you which information you include in your account. If you want to purchase one of our paid packages, we will process your email address to contact you about your request. To be able to process your order, we use the email address and billing address you have provided us with.
In most cases we process the personal data of employers because this is necessary for executing a contract. We need some information in order to enter into an agreement with you and to be able to execute it. We also use your information to maintain our business relationship, for example to inform you about (changes in) our services, to send an invoice, to respond to a request, question or complaint, or to contact you with an offer. We will send you an email when your vacancy is about to expire. Lastly, we process data in order to comply with our legal obligations (such as the legal retention of administrative data).
- Website visitors, other
We may collect the following information from website visitors:
- Email address
- General visitor data when you browse on our website (the IP Address, for example)
- Information you share when you contact us
- Your recommendation (with or without a picture)
You can sign up to receive our newsletter. We will use your email address to send you our newsletter. We ask your consent for this. We will only send you our newsletter if you have given us permission to add your name and email address to our list of subscribers. We have added an unsubscribe link at the very end of every newsletter. When the description is ended, we will store your information in a list so that we don’t accidentally send you more emails. We use Mailchimp for sending our newsletter. Read here how Mailchimp handles your data.
Request career coaching
If you are interested in working with a career coach, you can fill in a form on this website. We will process your email address and name, so that we, or the career coach, can get in touch with you.
We like to show recommendations on this website of satisfied users of Greenjobs. We may ask to post your recommendation (with your name and picture) on our website. We will show your review on our website until we decide to remove it from the website. We will also delete your recommendation upon your request.
A user-friendly website, analyzing the website
If you contact us we will process the data we have received from you, so we can respond to your message. Your personal data will be deleted if your question, request, complaint, etc. has been taken care of.
Social media buttons and third party websites
How we collect your personal data
We collect your data in a variety of ways. In most cases we will collect personal data directly, for example when you have created a Greenjobs account, applied to a vacancy or filled in a form on the website. We may collect personal data when you visit our website (general visitor data). From time to time, we may collect generally known data from publicly available sources if we have a legitimate interest, such as a commercial purpose (to be able to contact you on LinkedIn, for example).
Storage period of your personal data
You can delete your account at any time. After you have deleted your account, the stored data will be anonymized. Backups are created on a daily basis; the stored data is kept for another six months.
We make sure that all unnecessary information is removed from the (internal) computer systems.
Sharing personal data with third parties
We do not sell data to third parties, but we may share data. For example, we may transfer data to third parties if this would be necessary for the executing of our contract, if we are obliged to do so, for example by a court order or court ruling, if we have a legitimate interest in doing so or if you have given your express consent.
We may share your personal data with the following parties, including our processors:
- Web hosting
- IT- suppliers and service providers (such as suppliers of SaaS recruitment software)
- Google Analytics
- Cookie suppliers
- Phone service providers
- Career coach
- Employers, if you apply to a vacancy
Greenjobs has signed (data processing) agreements with (sub) processors. Any agreement stipulates that your data will only be used for the intended purpose or the intended contract and that your data will be destroyed by the (sub) processor after the agreement has ended. Your personal data may be transferred or stored outside the Netherlands. We only do this if there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of your personal data. If possible, we use (sub) processors located within the EEA.
Update on the EU-US Privacy Shield ruling: we are familiar with the ruling of the European Court of Justice (Schrems II). We use a couple of US service providers and are currently examining the implications of the ruling in this regard. We are keeping a close eye on the latest news.
Greenjobs has implemented a variety of technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised access of your personal data. However, we cannot guarantee that the way you provide your information online is secure due to the specific characteristics of the internet. We regularly evaluate and update our security measures.
We have taken the following measures to protect the safety of your data:
- Physical security measures
- Access to personal data is protected with a username and password
- Anti-virus software and regular software updates
- Regular backups
- Secure connections (Transport Layer Security, before SSL)
- Local data storage
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise:
- The right to data portability. This right gives you a higher degree of control over your own personal data. You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format so that it can be transmitted to a different party, if this is possible. You can download the data in your account.
- The right of access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to verify if we process your personal data in a lawful manner.
- The right of rectification and erasure of your personal data. You can request us to rectify your (incorrect) personal data or have it removed. You can delete or change your personal data in your account.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data. In some cases you have the right to limit the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object against the processing of your personal data. You can request that we no longer use your personal data. If you object to the use of your personal data for commercial purposes, we will always respect this.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time. When you have given your permission to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent whenever you want. However, we would like to point out that withdrawing your consent is not retroactive.
To appeal your rights, please contact us through email (email@example.com), by telephone or in writing. If you have created an account as a candidate or employer, you can easily access and / or delete your data via "User privacy". You can also download your data here. Finally, you can adjust your data in your account.
Cookies have a variety of functions. By using cookies, we make sure that this site functions properly so that you get a good user experience. It also tells us how our website is being used and what we can do to improve our website.
The cookies that our website uses are:
This website uses strictly necessary cookies that are essential for the operation of this website
Most browsers support cookies, but you can set your browser to decline them and you can delete them whenever you like. Usually this can be done through your browser’s ‘preferences’. The ‘help’ section of your browser can guide you to the right place where you can disable the cookies. You may not be able to use all features of this website and your experience could be limited, if you choose to disable cookies.
File a complaint