Greenjobs respects your privacy and will do its best to ensure that your personal data is processed in a lawful and transparent manner. We act in conformity with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which means that we:
- Clearly explain to you what personal data we process.
- Only collect personal data that is needed for our legitimate purposes.
- Limit our collection of personal data.
- Take reasonable measures to ensure that your data is correct.
- Observe (statutory) storage and deletion periods.
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Respect your rights.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide your personal data to us. We limit the processing of personal data to an absolute minimum. However, we may not be able to process your order or deliver our services when you won’t provide us with your personal data.
Greenjobs is the main responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Greenjobs is a trade name of The Sustainable Recruiter. We are located at the Van Bossestraat 5H, 1051JR in Amsterdam. We are registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 70646473.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 020-7651323
The old fashioned way (in writing): Van Bossestraat 5H, 1051JR Amsterdam (the Netherlands)
What personal data do we collect and why?
- Candidates who create an account or apply to a vacancy
We may collect the following information from candidates who create an account or apply to a vacancy:
- Name and address
- Date and place of birth
- Gender and age
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Job title and position
- Current job
- A short description about yourself
- Cover letter
- Whether you want to move for your ideal job
- Desired salary
- Resume and any information included herein
- Profile picture
Did you find an amazing vacancy on Greenjobs and you want to apply? We will probably ask you to upload or fill in your name, email address, telephone number, gender, cover letter and resume. We store this information. In some cases you will be redirected to the employer's website in order to apply to the vacancy. If this is the case, we will not store any additional data that you supply.
We process your data so that you can create an account (and we can verify it), respond to vacancies, to help you with any questions or requests you may have and in general to be able to contact you if this would be relevant for the performance of our services. As a registered user you may opt to receive job alerts by email. We will process your data in order to send job alerts by email.
Please note that we will forward your details to the relevant employer when you apply to a vacancy. If you want to request the employer to delete or modify your application, you must make such a request directly to the employer.
We sometimes receive messages on our social media channels. We will process your data in order to respond to your message. We will of course remove this information once your question or request has been dealt with.
- Employers who create an account
We may collect the following information from Employers who create an account:
- Name and address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Profile picture
- Job position
- Details of the company you work for / represent
- Billing information
- Our correspondence
To create an account as an employer you will need to fill in your name, company name, email address and telephone number. It is then entirely up to you which information you include in your account. If you want to purchase one of our paid packages, we will process your email address to contact you about your request. To be able to process your order, we use the email address and billing address you have provided us with.
In most cases we process the personal data of employers because this is necessary for executing a contract. We need some information in order to enter into an agreement with you and to be able to execute it. We also use your information to maintain our business relationship, for example to inform you about (changes in) our services, to send an invoice, to respond to a request, question or complaint, or to contact you with an offer. We will send you an email when your vacancy is about to expire. Lastly, we process data in order to comply with our legal obligations (such as the legal retention of administrative data).
- Website visitors, other
We may collect the following information from website visitors:
- Email address
- General visitor data when you browse on our website (the IP Address, for example)
- Information you share when you contact us
- Your recommendation (with or without a picture)
You can sign up to receive our newsletter. We will use your email address to send you our newsletter. We ask your consent for this. We will only send you our newsletter if you have given us permission to add your name and email address to our list of subscribers. We have added an unsubscribe link at the very end of every newsletter. When the description is ended, we will store your information in a list so that we don’t accidentally send you more emails. We use Mailchimp for sending our newsletter. Read here how Mailchimp handles your data.
Request career coaching
If you are interested in working with a career coach, you can fill in a form on this website. We will process your email address and name, so that we, or the career coach, can get in touch with you.
We like to show recommendations on this website of satisfied users of Greenjobs. We may ask to post your recommendation (with your name and picture) on our website. We will show your review on our website until we decide to remove it from the website. We will also delete your recommendation upon your request.
A user-friendly website, analyzing the website
If you contact us we will process the data we have received from you, so we can respond to your message. Your personal data will be deleted if your question, request, complaint, etc. has been taken care of.
Social media buttons and third party websites
How we collect your personal data
We collect your data in a variety of ways. In most cases we will collect personal data directly, for example when you have created a Greenjobs account, applied to a vacancy or filled in a form on the website. We may collect personal data when you visit our website (general visitor data). From time to time, we may collect generally known data from publicly available sources if we have a legitimate interest, such as a commercial purpose (to be able to contact you on LinkedIn, for example).
Storage period of your personal data
You can delete your account at any time. After you have deleted your account, the stored data will be anonymized. Backups are created on a daily basis; the stored data is kept for another six months.
We make sure that all unnecessary information is removed from the (internal) computer systems.
Sharing personal data with third parties
We do not sell data to third parties, but we may share data. For example, we may transfer data to third parties if this would be necessary for the executing of our contract, if we are obliged to do so, for example by a court order or court ruling, if we have a legitimate interest in doing so or if you have given your express consent.
We may share your personal data with the following parties, including our processors:
- Web hosting
- IT- suppliers and service providers (such as suppliers of SaaS recruitment software)
- Google Analytics
- Cookie suppliers
- Phone service providers
- Career coach
- Employers, if you apply to a vacancy
Greenjobs has signed (data processing) agreements with (sub) processors. Any agreement stipulates that your data will only be used for the intended purpose or the intended contract and that your data will be destroyed by the (sub) processor after the agreement has ended. Your personal data may be transferred or stored outside the Netherlands. We only do this if there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of your personal data. If possible, we use (sub) processors located within the EEA.
Update on the EU-US Privacy Shield ruling: we are familiar with the ruling of the European Court of Justice (Schrems II). We use a couple of US service providers and are currently examining the implications of the ruling in this regard. We are keeping a close eye on the latest news.
Greenjobs has implemented a variety of technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised access of your personal data. However, we cannot guarantee that the way you provide your information online is secure due to the specific characteristics of the internet. We regularly evaluate and update our security measures.
We have taken the following measures to protect the safety of your data:
- Physical security measures
- Access to personal data is protected with a username and password
- Anti-virus software and regular software updates
- Regular backups
- Secure connections (Transport Layer Security, before SSL)
- Local data storage
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise:
- The right to data portability. This right gives you a higher degree of control over your own personal data. You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format so that it can be transmitted to a different party, if this is possible. You can download the data in your account.
- The right of access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to verify if we process your personal data in a lawful manner.
- The right of rectification and erasure of your personal data. You can request us to rectify your (incorrect) personal data or have it removed. You can delete or change your personal data in your account.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data. In some cases you have the right to limit the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object against the processing of your personal data. You can request that we no longer use your personal data. If you object to the use of your personal data for commercial purposes, we will always respect this.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time. When you have given your permission to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent whenever you want. However, we would like to point out that withdrawing your consent is not retroactive.
To appeal your rights, please contact us through email (email@example.com), by telephone or in writing. If you have created an account as a candidate or employer, you can easily access and / or delete your data via "User privacy". You can also download your data here. Finally, you can adjust your data in your account.
Cookies have a variety of functions. By using cookies, we make sure that this site functions properly so that you get a good user experience. It also tells us how our website is being used and what we can do to improve our website.
The cookies that our website uses are:
This website uses strictly necessary cookies that are essential for the operation of this website
Most browsers support cookies, but you can set your browser to decline them and you can delete them whenever you like. Usually this can be done through your browser’s ‘preferences’. The ‘help’ section of your browser can guide you to the right place where you can disable the cookies. You may not be able to use all features of this website and your experience could be limited, if you choose to disable cookies.
File a complaint