Team Leader Stack Production
Team Leader Stack Production
Arnhem, The Netherlands
With the position of Team Leader Stack Production, Elestor offers an exquisite opportunity to initiate, grow and shape the department for professional production of stacks for Elestor’s Flow Battery systems.
As Team Leader Stack Production, you hold an important position in the Elestor organization. Your ultimate responsibility is to ensure that the ‘hearts’ of Elestor’s Flow Battery systems (so-called stacks) are produced in sufficient quantities and at high yields. This includes functional testing and quality control against predefined performance specifications. You report to Elestor’s CEO.
The production of stacks is a relatively young activity in the Elestor organisation. Initially, the Team Leader Stack Production will, in close cooperation with the Production Assistant, be directly and hands-on involved in the assembly and testing of stacks for inhouse testing purposes and for large scale pilot systems.
In the course of 2020, the required production quantities will increase largely in anticipation of commercial launch of Elestor’s storage systems. This will require automation of the production, assembly and test procedures, as well as further expansion of the team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall responsible for the production of stacks, meeting predefined quantity & cost targets
- Meticulously monitoring and controlling the complete production and assembly process Testing and quality control of produced stacks
- Continously seeking possibilities to improve quality and/or increase stability and/or reduce production costs
- Introduction of a tracking system for production materials
- Define and propose investments in the production hardware
- Lead and expand the production team
- Procurement of production materials
- Inventory and stock material management
- Procurement of production tools and machinery
- Building strong and longterm relationships with suppliers
The ideal candidate has proven skills, knowledge of and experience with the production of complex electrochemical (sub-)assemblies. The Team Leader System Design is creative, pro-active and a true self-starter. You have a proven track record and creativity in managing high-tech production processes and have experience with the following fields: Mechanical engineering, process technology, production processes, quality control.
Apart from the technical role, the ideal candidate is able to lead a team currently consisting of 1 FTE only. You are assigned to define and expand the team and you manage, plan and log the production process, while explicitly remaining an active and hands-on team player.
You have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with scientists and engineers of various disciplines internally, as well as with suppliers. You are excellent in stress and time management and are able to keep working in a safe and structured way, while under pressure to meet deadlines and cost targets.
Education, skills and experience (in order of relevance)
- >5 years experience in leading the production of industrial equipment
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant discipline
- An entrepreneurial mind set and true self-starter
- Able to define and shape the production department in a growth path
- Hands-on, can-do mentality, team player
- Well organized and precise
- Able to meet time schedules and cost targets
- Fluent in English
- Experience with working in an international company or international experience
- Experience with the manufacturing and/or assembly of fuel cells, electrolyzers or flow batteries is an advantage
Elestor offers an open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team of highly skilled professionals, with - for the right candidates - many opportunities to excel and grow.
Terms of employment are competitive, and include participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP), based on an employment for unlimited duration.
Recognized with several national and international awards, Elestor is a fast-growing company, developing a revolutionary low-cost flow battery, thereby reducing the costs for storing electricity to an absolute minimum. To realize this, low cost and abundant active materials (hydrogen and bromine) are selected as well as a compact and easy to manufacture cell, and a (patented) pressurized system design. This triple cost reduction strategy results in the lowest possible cost for storing electricity.
Since 2016, several pilots on limited scale have been successfully operational in the field, and the first systems on actual container scale are currently built, in anticipation of commercial launch in 2021.
Elestor has the technology to play a decisive role in realizing the energy transition towards a 100% clean electricity supply. The market pull for Elestor’s technology is concrete and growing very fast, and launching customers have already been identified. Once commercially launched, Elestor envisions building a ‘Giga factory’ scale equivalent for flow batteries.
Elestor is well funded for growth with a recent multi-million Euro investment from Koolen Industries, along with a significant additional investment from InnoEnergy, one of the early investors of Elestor.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your application with CV and motivation letter by email via the 'Apply now' button below.