(MEDIOR) SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTANT
MEDIOR SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTANT
Ecomatters is looking for a new colleague that wants to work in the field of sustainability! Working at Ecomatters will enable you to develop relevant experience in the field of sustainability and provides the opportunity to test your knowledge and skills.
Ecomatters is a sustainability consultancy, which offers services based on life cycle thinking and focuses on sustainability throughout the value chain. We support organisations in developing their sustainability strategy and setting concrete sustainability goals. Furthermore, we perform quantitative analyses evaluating the social, economic and/or environmental aspects of services and products and assist in the preparation of product claims. Besides working with our clients, we also push ourselves to have our own impact on the future by initiating our own projects on for example circular economy and carbon neutrality.
Do you fit this profile?
- Ambitious and with a commercial and business development mindset, quantitatively driven and passionate about sustainability.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and in a small team.
- Familiar with consultancy work and project-based work.
- Fluent in English and intermediate knowledge of Dutch.
- A MSc degree in natural sciences, sustainability, chemistry, environmental assessment, technology/ engineering/modeling, economics or similar.
- 3-6 years of experience in data analysis modelling techniques and/or consultancy work.
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
The following is considered an advantage:
- Familiar with relevant regulations such as, the Single use Plastics Directive, Waste Framework Directive, Renewable Energy Directive, etc..
- Experience with LCA software (GaBI, SimaPro).
- Experience in the development of sustainability assessment and eco-design tools.
- Relevant experience with sustainability assessment or reporting: LCA / GRI / CDP / EPDs etc.
There are a number of activities you could be part of, for example:
- Performing quantitative sustainability assessment (Life Cycle Assessment, EPDs and/or Excel modelling),
- Develop new services, methods and value propositions.
- Developing presentation and communication materials.
- Manage one or more colleagues.
- Interacting with our customers to find solutions to their needs, and providing them with the right products and services.
Working for Ecomatters will allow you to get involved in our company and have a lot of freedom and responsibility. This gives the space to grow professionally and be involved in many different projects. Additionally, we offer an exciting and flexible environment in the beautiful canal city Utrecht. The remuneration is in line with market practice. The position is available from the beginning of July 2021, but the exact starting date is open for discussion. Since we are a dynamic company you will get individual career opportunities and possibilities to broaden your horizon.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter before May 20st 2021 to us via the link below. For questions you can contact:
Mart van Assem
M +31 (0)6 46 69 68 37