B Lab Europe
Marketing & Communications Internship - B Lab Benelux job in Amsterdam
Marketing & Communications Internship Benelux (Native Dutch speaker)
Organization: B lab Europe, team Benelux
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Reporting to: Community manager
Exciting new role in a fast-growing organisation working with responsible businesses. The B Corp movement encourages businesses to manage their impacts on society and the environment with as much rigour as they manage their profits.
The B Corp Movement
Certified B Corps seek to redefine success in business by putting profit on a par with social and environmental impact. B Corps manage the impact of their entire business through the B Impact Assessment and reach high standards of social and environmental performance. B Corps also amend their governing documents to consider the impact of their decisions on people and planet. The B Corp community is a global group of businesses who provide leadership by their commitments to people and planet and create examples of success for others to follow. There are now 4000 B Corps in over 70 countries and covering 150 sectors, including Patagonia, The Body Shop, Tony’s Chocolonely, Triodos Bank, WeTransfer, Alpro, Yoni and Dopper.
Stichting B Lab Europe
Since the B Corp movement was established in Europe in 2015, it has gained remarkable traction with 600 certified B Corps, of which 130 in the Benelux. Stichting B Lab Europe is a non for profit with an active Board, and coordinates the 9 Country Partners across Europe. The Amsterdam based team is a hub for the European and global movement, housing the team, as well as some of the
global standards analysts and team Benelux.
We now seek to expand our Benelux team to help deliver on the ever growing interest in the B Corp movement that we are seeing in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. The Benelux team is small, friendly, hard-working and committed to changing how business operates. The team works closely
with the Global - and European B Lab team and the 9 active Country Partners (Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Portugal and Poland). Team Benelux is responsible for growing a thriving BNL B Corp community, working with key stakeholders in the ecosystem, delivering the strategy, fostering new partnerships and initiating activities that create value to B Corps and the movement across Benelux.
Scope of work
Support the Benelux Community & Communications team to activate a thriving Benelux B Corp community and grow the awareness of the B Corp movement across the region.
• Help design & implement and / or facilitate opportunities for engagement with the community
• Help the community team to maintain an effective onboarding toolkit (webinar / FAQ / resource portal etc)
• Work with the Community team on updating all the B Keepers database from Benelux and update Pardot lists.
• Help initiate B Local initiatives
• Collect data and reach out to B Corps to create the NL B Corp catalogue
• Help with the Annual B Corp community survey and analysis
• Support the community manager with the incoming flow of community inquiries / requests eg. listening to B Corp’s interests, responding to questions, foster new collaborations, enable speaking opportunities and capturing feedback in order for the B Corps to get the most out of their certification. Based on the above inquiries, create the community FAQ & useful resources
• Work closely with the community manager to set up active working groups in the B Corp community (Net zero, FMCG, Mark/coms etc.)
• Help set up onboarding meetings / smooth onboarding process
Marketing, communication and events
• Help the Community team where needed by updating materials such as onboarding, employee engagement toolkit, B Hive presentations, website, landing page.
• B Hive activation (driving content and traffic to the B Hive and tracking its effectiveness)
• Support the social media plan and calendar for B Lab NL’s social media platforms and a process for creating / delivering content.
• Track the communication approval and logos
• Help with the coordination of the social media takeover
• Track the Pardot analytics
• Help activate and launch the Best for The world announcements in 2021 (and other campaigns)
• Work closely with the community team on the content side and operations of our online (offline) events and help deliver interesting, fun and high quality events / sessions / workshops
• Together with the Community team responsible for calendar, content, managing invitations/ eventbrite, planning, operations and communication.
Desired Skills and Traits
• Dutch citizen and native Dutch speaker, excels in spoken and written English
● Relevant study background / work experience in the field of sustainability / impact measurement / community / communications / event management
● Passionate about making a positive social impact and using business as a force for good
● Strong organizational skills, well structured and with a problem solver
● People Person: customer-oriented who can recognize and resolve issues as they arise
● Hands on team player who does not shy away for a highly dynamic and ever changing working environment, yet happy to work independently and a self starter
Compensation and Further Information
• Reports to: Community manager
• Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
● Flexible working arrangements: to be adapted as needed due to COVID 19
● Stipend: in line with Dutch internship stipend
● Start date: ASAP
All candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the deadline passing. All interviews will be run remotely over video link.
Please send your resume and motivation (max. 250 words) to us via the 'Apply now' button below.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment