Manager Finance & Control
Justdiggit is a fast-growing NGO working on large-scale landscape restoration in Africa. We are looking for an experienced finance and control manager to help grow the organisation.
Justdiggit empowers farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa to restore degraded landscapes using rainwater harvesting, agroforestry, and climate resilient agriculture. We are currently active in Kenya, Tanzania, Togo, Ethiopia and Madagascar.
In the next 10 years it is our goal to reach millions of farmers and inspire & activate them to restore all degraded land on the African continent by combining traditional farming techniques with data and modern technology. We are currently developing a ‘Regreen app’ to spread the knowledge and techniques for regreening to all farmers with an internet connected phone.
To support our efforts and increase impact, we have awareness campaigns running throughout Europe and Africa.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Justdiggit is experiencing significant growth, which means our regreening programs and team are expanding rapidly. To support this growth and plan for a streamlined organisation going forward, we are looking for an experienced, proactive and flexible finance professional who has unique ideas about how to improve things.
The Manager Finance & Control is a newly created role in the organisation. You will have two people reporting to you; one in Amsterdam and one in Nairobi, where we have a branch office. You will report to the Finance Director.
You are comfortable with complex accounting matters and have experience in budgeting, reporting and working in an international environment. You are familiar with internal control systems and risk management and you work well in a changing environment.
Moreover, you have experience with managing the financial aspects of (regreening) programs, since you will oversee the work of the program finance officers and be responsible for the financial aspects of our more complex, donor funded, programs.
We also expect you to think along and contribute to the further automation and professionalisation of the processes and systems within the organisation and to improve the planning & control cycle.
You are ultimately responsible for the quality and timeliness of the entire administration, including taxes, salary administration and compliance.
You prepare and analyse the monthly rolling forecast, cashflow forecast and consolidated program financials, flagging potential points of attention; you also prepare the annual budget.
You are responsible for all financial reporting related to our programs and you take an active role in some of our more complex donor-funded programs in terms of financial reporting and communication with the donors.
You take a proactive approach in identifying areas for improvement, whether it be in processes, systems or other tools. The main goal being that the organisation is ready for double digit growth. You will also implement these improvements, in close collaboration with the team and Finance Director.
You prepare the weekly payment runs, and you make recommendations in the field of managing money flows and risks.
You prepare the annual accounts of Justdiggit and supervise the auditors during the audit.
You participate in and/or lead (strategic) projects such as timesheets, implementation of new accounting systems or possibly ERP systems and/or implementation of reporting tools.
You maintain and update Justdiggit’s internal control framework, and improve on it where needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We are looking for an experienced, proactive and flexible colleague with a 'can do' mentality and good communication skills, employed for 40 hours a week. We expect at least the following:
- You have affinity with Justdiggit's mission and have a positive attitude;
- You work meticulously and show initiative;
- You have a hands-on mentality;
- You have several years of experience in a similar position, including program finance experience;
- You have international experience, whether it be working abroad, or working for an international organisation;
- You have worked in this sector before;
- You are a good communicator;
- You have strong analytical skills, you are flexible and you feel at home in a dynamic environment;
- You have good Excel skills;
- You are a native Dutch speaker and fluent in English;
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in financial administration, preferably you are also a registered controller;
- You have knowledge of accounting packages and ERP systems.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We offer a challenging and diverse position in an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic organisation with excellent colleagues. You will be part of a great mission: regreening our planet! We also offer:
- a salary that is market-conform in our sector;
- 25 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week);
- a contribution towards the costs of your mobile phone and an NS business card for commuting;
- ample room for personal and professional development;
- work in a historic office building in the heart of Amsterdam with good options for working from home.
Justdiggit is committed to building a team that includes and welcomes people of different ethnicities, faiths, genders, sexual orientations, and other diverse backgrounds.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please send your CV of maximum 2 pages and a motivation letter via the 'apply now' button below before 17 June 2022.