Triodos Investment Management
Business Intelligence Analyst
Follow your heart. Use your head. Triodos Bank.
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM) is a globally recognized leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 18+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 5.4 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitments of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers. Diversity is key which is mirrored in the international group of people we work with and where authenticity is valued. The ICT & BA team is part of the operations cluster of Triodos IM. To strengthen the team we are looking for a:
Business Intelligence Analyst
What will you do?
The Business Intelligence Analyst is part of the Business Analysis team reporting to the Head of ICT & BA. This team consists of eleven people divided into three domain teams. A domain team of up to six colleagues focuses on specific organizational parts and information systems within the organization. You will work in domain team ‘Data’ that has recently been setup to focus on expending the data warehouse (EDW) and developing dashboards in QlikSense. In this team you will work in project structures as well as individually deliver change requests. As the team is small, you will perform a broad range of tasks.
The team has the following core activities:
- analyze and manage changes in source systems of the EDW to retrieve or improve data
- align with database developers to translate data of source systems to EDW data model
- set up and maintain data models in QlikSense
- create reports and dashboards in QlikSense
- analyze and resolve data quality issues (data governance)
An exemplary working day agenda may contain; preparing and documenting new tables to be sourced into EDW, attending a stand-up with database developers, finetuning a report in QlikSense, facilitating a meeting with the business to test and validate data in QlikSense and hosting a demo session for end-users of a dashboard developed in QlikSense.
Your work environment
Our IT landscape is a hybrid one containing a mix of on premise and hosted solutions. Broadly used IT is managed centrally at Triodos Head Office. This leaves the BA team to focus on the systems specific to Investment Management covering a broad range of functionality. Our size and self-managed way of working provide the business analyst with a diverse range of tasks.
Our preferred candidate has:
- a strong personal connection to the values and mission of Triodos IM
- a minimum of 2 years working experience in a comparable role
- a relevant college or university degree
- solid understanding of data structures, data modelling and reporting
- extensive experience with T-SQL and QlikSense (experience with building a data warehouse, KNIME or Python is a plus)
- knowledge of and experience in the Investment/Asset Management sector
- strong command of English
Do you want to make a difference?
Our first priority is impact – the difference is made by us and you as a BIA. We have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritize professional and personal development and believe in education and training. And that’s not all: Triodos offers good working conditions.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 extra weeks of holidays
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work partly from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station. Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union and be domiciled in the Netherlands.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Daniëlle Bourgondiën, Business Analyst, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to join our team, please upload your motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae before the 11th of April 2021 to the attention of Peter Klessens by using the “apply here” button in this vacancy. First round job interviews will be held on online the 19th of April 2020. The 2nd round of interviews will be held online on the 21st and 22nd of April 2021.
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for marketing purposes.